Jehovah-Tsori

Lord my Strength

Psalm 19:14 (H6697 )

rock 64, strength 5, sharp 2, God 2, beauty 1, edge 1, stones 1, mighty One 1, strong 1

Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.


I have been struggling, seeking for the meaning of this compound name for months. It has been on my mind very very frequently. During prayer last night I felt release to write on this name. . .

Notice what this verse does not say. It does not say that the Lord is the source of my strength. It says that, the Lord is my strength. Jehovah-Tsori, my strength does not contain Him. All that I have that is strong is Him. All other strength is an illusion. The primary translation for this word is 'rock'. O LORD, my rock, and my redeemer. . .

A rock gives stability. There is no need for stability until a storm comes. Remember Jesus' parable:

Matthew 7:24-27
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: (25) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not; for it was founded upon a rock. (26) And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: (27) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.,


There was no apparent difference between the houses until the storm came. Until the house was tested, looking upon them when times were good, you could tell no difference between them. Sand will serve as a fine spot for a house as long as the sun shines. . . But let a storm come along. . . let your body be afflicted with cancer. . . lose a child. . .face a crisis in your job, in your marriage. . . face the death of your mother or father. . . then evaluate the strength of the construction of your house. . .

Do you think yourself strong? If you do not have God, where do you think your strength comes from? Without God there is nothing to anchor yourself to. Without God there is nothing permanent, nothing unchangeable, nothing stable. Without God when the flood comes, and please do not fool yourself, dark days. . .floods and storms do come into every one's lives. . . without God, when the flood comes you will be carried away by the force of the events in your life. For you to then have the appearance of strength, you must wall yourself off from the world. You must create for yourself a very hard shell with which to withstand the terrible buffeting that you endure, but you are not a self-contained unit. You carry a weakness inherent in having that very shell you created. It is a weakness of isolation, a weakness of your alone-ness, a weakness of loneliness, a weakness of not being able to be touched by those around you. Ultimately it becomes a shell of bitterness. . . By walling yourself off from the world, you place yourself in a prison cell of your own construction. You carry your weakness hidden from view of the world. You try to hide it, but your weakness is still very much there.

The only thing which prevents your reaching out to God is your pride. Your inability to admit your weakness. . .your desire to think of yourself as strong. . .your foolishness. . .all are as that of a very little boy who thinks not to need his parents. When faced with that situation, the parents withdraw support and comfort they would otherwise give, in an attempt to show the little boy the error of his ways.

I was a little boy for a very long time. . . within my weakness. . . I found His strength. . .

I love you my Lord. . .
You are my strength. . .
You are my Jehovah-Tsori. . .

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007