Prayer Walk 5-13-8

We are praying and walking up and down the streets of our city. I am posting these reports of what happens on our evenings of street ministry. I bought a Radio Flyer Wagon to pull along behind us as we walk. That is kind of our trademark for people to recognize us by.


It was a very different evening last night. My grandfather loved Lake Michigan. He spent as much time as he could embracing and being embraced by that lake he loved so much. He said that the water of the Lake was never exactly the same color two days in a row. Differences in cloud cover, wind. . . I don't know what all else, if he told me I've forgotten, but according to him it was never the same on two different days. . . always a little different.

Last night was a good illustration of that principle in many other areas of our lives. I don't know what it was about last night, but it was just a very different night. To external appearances it looked the same as all the other Tuesday nights, but it wasn't. . . I started out alone. I had forgotten my cell phone at home on the charger, so I couldn't call Terry Wallin to see what was up with him and no one else had said anything about coming along, so I just headed out with the big red wagon :). . .

I hadn't gotten too far when Brother Ed, Sister Ruby and Kyle honked at me going down Middlebury street. They soon joined up with me. After we had gotten through the apartments we saw Terry walking toward us from way down Middlebury Street. A little while later on Aspenwald, Melissa (I'm not sure of her last name, the new lady who's been coming the past few weeks sitting on the front row) walked up to us, her arms full with little cold and refreshing fruit drink packets for us. That was very kind and surely was appreciated. And after the walk we went to Penguin Point where we were joined by Tommy Zimmer. So we ended up with a nice time of fellowship at Penguin Point. I think Terry, Melissa, and I were there for almost an hour talking about godly things. . . At one point I just was totally overcome with the Spirit of the Lord and prophesied to Melissa that the Lord was calling her and speaking to her. That she has it within her to be a mighty warrior in God's army. . . to do wonderful things for His kingdom. . . It was incredible, almost like being filled with God's Spirit for the first time again.

It was a little on the coolish side, but not at all cold. . . there was just something different about last night. Maybe it was my mood. I don't know. We didn't talk to an abundance of people and we only prayed with a couple of folks. People are really recognizing us all up and down the street. They seem to be quite comfortable talking to us. We met the little old lady again from last week and also her daughter, and her granddaughter. What a wonderfully nice lady. We anointed and prayed with David & Zoe. He is not doing well. His breathing is very labored. We anointed and prayed with one lady in the apartments who needs a job. We prayed for the Lord to open a door for her that can leave no question that it is Him. I stopped by Tina and Loretta's house. They were not home, but I spoke to the two ladies who were there. We talked with Ralph, an ex-biker guy. He is always out on his porch and wanting to talk. Had an awesome little time of talking with three generations of ladies (2 ladies & 1 young girl) by the old laundromat. The little grocery store is open again. They did indeed remodel. We went in and bought some snacks and water and left the owner and son some fliers, complimenting them on the new looking interior of the store. I very much enjoy talking with them. . . planting seeds.

Thank you Lord for allowing us to plant seed in your fields. . .



Dave Stokely

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007