Ever Wonder What It's Like to be God?

The premise of a recent movie was that somehow a man was made God for a day. Think about that. What would that be like? To have all power?. . .To know everything? and thereby to feel everything? The Bible is pretty clear, God has emotions:

Genesis 6:6
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Mankind's actions hurt the heart of God. God knows everything. He sees everything. He feels everything. It is only the big things that God notices? Nothing on earth, nothing in the entire universe is too small for God. Nothing escapes His attention:

Luke 12:6-7
Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Sin and death entered into this world through man. It is not just man, but all of creation that pays the price for the sin of Adam.

Romans 8:22
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.



We have caused God grief without measure. We kill, torture, abuse one another and He is aware of it all. . . He is with every woman enduring a rape, every soldier laying on a lonely battlefield, every aborted fetus, every injured, misused, neglected person who has ever existed, He is the recipient of every unkind word, every act of selfishness. . . . you would like to be God for a day? I in no way can begin to imagine the pain and sorrow that He must endure. There is no way I could begin to tolerate it. . . as I drive down the road, I pray. . . I apologize for every dead animal I see. . . they are members of His creation. They are remembered by Him. . .Their deaths are laid at the foot of man as the result of his sinful ways. . . I bear responsibility for them. . .

Men also have it within their power to make God happy:

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.


You have it in your power to make God rejoice over you with joy. Imagine making God dance and sing with happiness. With all the sin that humanity has brought into the world, God's emotions must be badly skewed to the negative. This earth is so filled with pain and sorrow and death. . .How much opportunity does God have to be happy? He deserves our praise. . . more than that. . . I believe He needs our praise. By worshiping and praising Him, you are ministering to God. You are tending to His needs. . .Cause God to sing. . . Lift Him up. . .Cause God to rejoice. . .praise Him all day long. . .

I worship You my God. . .
I praise You with all my heart. . .
I love You my God. . .
I am so sorry for all the painful things You must endure. . .

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007