What Does God Know? (New Testament)



What does God know? What does the Bible say? I searched the Bible for words containing 'know', this included 'knoweth', 'knowing', 'knows', 'knowledge'. This search came back with over 500 New Testament verses. I then looked at each verse to see if it was God who was doing the knowing. It was a very fascinating and powerful study for me.


(Matthew 6:8)  Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.


1. God knows what you need.


(Matthew 6:31-32) Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.


2. God knows your physical requirements



(Matthew 9:4)  And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?


3. God knows the thoughts of men.



(Matthew 11:27)  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.


4. God knows who the Son is, and He knows who the Father is.



(Matthew 24:36)  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.


5. God knows when Jesus shall return to the earth.




(Mark 12:15)  Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it.


6. God knows the untruth of men's words.



(Mark 13:32)  But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.


7. God knows when Jesus shall return to the earth.




(Luke 10:22)  All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.


8. God knows who the Son is, and He knows who the Father is.



(Luke 11:17)  But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.


9. God knows the thoughts of men.



(Luke 12:30)  For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.


10. God knows what you need.



(Luke 16:15)  And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.


11. God knows men's hearts.




(John 1:48)  Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.


12. God knows you before you think He does.



(John 5:32)  There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.


13. God knows the truth of a testimony.



(John 5:42)  But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.


14. God knows you and He knows if the love of God is in you.



(John 7:29)  But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.


15. God knows God.



(John 8:14)  Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.


16. God knows where He came from and where He is going.



(John 8:37)  I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.


17. God knows your ancestry.



(John 8:55)  Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.


18. God knows God.



(John 10:14)  I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.


19. God knows His sheep.



(John 10:15)  As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.


20. God knows God.



(John 10:27)  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:


21. God knows His sheep.



(John 12:50)  And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.


22. God knows that God's commandment is life eternal.



(John 13:3)  Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;


23. God knows that God placed everything into His hands and that He came from God and the He went to God.



(John 13:18)  I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.


24. God knows His chosen.



(John 16:30)  Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.


25. God knows all things.



(John 17:25)  O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.


26. God knows God.



(John 18:4)  Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?


27. God knew everything that would befall Him.



(John 19:28)  After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.


28. God knew that everything was fulfilled.



(John 21:15)  So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.


29. God knew that Peter loved Him.



(John 21:16)  He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.


30. God knew that Peter loved Him.



(John 21:17)  He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.


31. God knows all things.






(Acts 1:24)  And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,


32. God knows the hearts of all men



(Acts 15:8)  And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;


33. God knows the hearts of men.



(Acts 15:18)  Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.


34. God knows everything that He has done from the beginning.






(Romans 8:29)  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.


35. God knows us from the beginning.










(1 Corinthians 3:20)  And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.


36. God knows the thinking of the wise.



(1 Corinthians 8:3)  But if any man love God, the same is known of him.


37. God knows those who love Him.






(2 Corinthians 11:11)  Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.


38. God knows whether one man loves another.



(2 Corinthians 11:31)  The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.


39. God knows whether you tell the truth or not.



(2 Corinthians 12:2)  I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.


40. God knows whether a man had a vision or if he was truly out of his body.



(2 Corinthians 12:3)  And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)


41. God knows whether a man had a vision or if he was truly out of his body.






(Galatians 4:9)  But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?


42. When you come to God, God knows you.






(Colossians 2:3)  In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.


43. God has all wisdom and information.






(2 Timothy 2:19)  Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.


44. God knows those whom are His.






(1 Peter 1:2)  Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.


45. God knows beforehand who will come to Him.






(2 Peter 2:9)  The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:


46. God knows how to save those who love Him from temptations and how to put aside judgement of the sinners to the day of judging.






(Revelation 2:2)  I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:


47. God knows the things you've accomplished, your work, the things you endure, how you cannot stand unrighteous men, and how you have been deceived by those who would mislead you and how you found them out.



(Revelation 2:9)  I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.


48. God knows the things you've accomplished, your troubles and lacks. He knows the depravity of those who claim a special relationship with Him.



(Revelation 2:13)  I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.


49. God knows what you have accomplished, where you live, where Satan resides, and how you hold true to Him in the face of trial.



(Revelation 2:19)  I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.


50. God knows what you have accomplished, how loving you are and how you minister to others. He knows your growth in faith and patience.



(Revelation 3:1)  And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.


51. God knows what you have accomplished and He knows the that your good reputation is false.



(Revelation 3:8)  I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.


52. God knows what you have accomplished. He knows that you are weak, but that you have obeyed His commandments and have not denied Him.



(Revelation 3:15)  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.


53. God knows what you have accomplished. He knows the tepid faith of the lukewarm.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Jehovah-Kabodhi