Hope has No Power. . .

Faith goes far beyond hope. Faith is the evidence of things hoped for. . . Hope has no power. Faith moves mountains and casts them into the sea. . . While Jesus spoke of faith on many occasions, he only uttered the word 'hope' once:


(Luke 6:34) And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.


As if to illustrate the powerlessness of hope. When you lend someone money, all you can do is hope that they pay you back. They have the power. . . they have the money and can decide whether to repay you. You have nothing really. 


Rather than clinging to faint and powerless hope. . . come to Jesus and appropriate for yourself a great measure of saving faith. . .


(Luke 7:50) And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace. . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey everyone - I'm a recently registered poster on your board and I would say I ought to say a few things about myself. Er, I am 28 years of age, male, and I enjoy studying biology in my university. I sincerely hope conversing with all you folks! Goodbye for now
Anonymous said…
Hello there! Would you mind if I impart your weblog with my work crowd? There is loads of folks that I judge are quite likely to sincerely welcome your informations . I would appreciate it if you can tell me about it . Thank you

As a final note , permit me thank you for your patience with my English as (I am certain you have figured this at this moment ,), English is not my number one tongue as a result I am utilizing Google Translate to shape out how to note down what I truly wish to voice.
Anonymous said…
What day isn't today?

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Jehovah-Kabodhi