Say to those with fearful hearts,

“Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you.” And when he comes, he will open the eyes of the blind and unplug the ears of the deaf. The lame will leap like a deer, and those who cannot speak will sing for joy! Springs will gush forth in the wilderness, and streams will water the wasteland. The parched ground will become a pool, and springs of water will satisfy the thirsty land. Marsh grass and reeds and rushes will flourish where desert jackals once lived. 

And a great road will go through that once deserted land. It will be named the Highway of Holiness. Evil-minded people will never travel on it. It will be only for those who walk in God’s ways; fools will never walk there. Lions will not lurk along its course, nor any other ferocious beasts. There will be no other dangers. Only the redeemed will walk on it. Those who have been ransomed by the LORD will return. They will enter Jerusalem singing, crowned with everlasting joy. Sorrow and mourning will disappear, and they will be filled with joy and gladness. 

(Isaiah 35:4-10 NLT) 

 I listened to the above passage on the way to work this morning. Oh to travel on the Highway of Holiness. . . Looking forward to that day. We cannot imagine the wonders that await us. The idea of standing for eternity to be the endless strumming a lyre dressed in a white robe is surely not a vision of what would be bliss-like for me. 

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. 

 (Psalms 16:11 KJV) 

Fulness of joy. . . pleasures for evermore. . . not boredom.. . not fatigue. . . not frustration. . . but fulness of joy. . . 

“Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore. Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation! And look! I will create Jerusalem as a place of happiness. Her people will be a source of joy. I will rejoice over Jerusalem and delight in my people. And the sound of weeping and crying will be heard in it no more. 

“No longer will babies die when only a few days old. No longer will adults die before they have lived a full life. No longer will people be considered old at one hundred! Only the cursed will die that young! In those days people will live in the houses they build and eat the fruit of their own vineyards. Unlike the past, invaders will not take their houses and confiscate their vineyards. 

For my people will live as long as trees, and my chosen ones will have time to enjoy their hard-won gains. They will not work in vain, and their children will not be doomed to misfortune. For they are people blessed by the LORD, and their children, too, will be blessed. 

I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers! The wolf and the lamb will feed together. The lion will eat hay like a cow. But the snakes will eat dust. In those days no one will be hurt or destroyed on my holy mountain. 

I, the LORD, have spoken!” 

(Isaiah 65:17-25 NLT) 

No more weeping. . . no more sickness. . . living in our own houses, eating those things that we grow. . . no enemies to attack us. . . 

I have a good life, but still. . . life is tough. . . it’s a battle. . . aches and pains grow more and more familiar to me. My physical strength and endurance ever weakens. . . friends and family pass on. . . a new body. . . all my needs and cares satisfied. 

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 

(1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV) 

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 

(John 14:1-4 KJV) 

Join hands with me. . . Come let us seek Him and worship Him together. . . In His presence, we will find fulness of joy. . . 

I love You my God. . . 
I thank You my Lord. . .

<3

Dave 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007

How to Find a Great Church. . .