How Long Until X-Giving?





How Long Until X-Giving? 


For most Christ has been successfully removed from X-mas. There is nothing so removed from the life and love of Christ as buying innumerable made-in-China gifts from Walmart, Target, and Amazon in an appallingly corrupted celebration of His birth. 

How long will it be until the thanks is removed from Thanksgiving. Let’s forget the ‘thanks’ and concentrate on the ‘giving’. What an inconvenience and embarrassment it must be to the politically correct, a holiday totally devoted to God, for Who is it to that we are giving thanks other than God? Are we thanking one another? Are we thanking the government? Who do we thank for the blessings bestowed upon us other than God. 

The corruption of Thanksgiving has long been underway. . . Black Friday. So very aptly named. People trampling, kicking, even shooting one another, right after our national day of giving of fervent thanks to God. How short our apparent memory. . . 

Love God with all your heart, soul and mind. . . love your neighbor as yourself as you elbow him or her out of the way to grab that $89 big screen TV before they do. Getting up one day a week to worship God and save your soul, is too much trouble, but arising at 2 a.m. to go stand for hours in the dark and cold outside of a big box store to save a few dollars is well worth it. 

Let’s spend this week before Thanksgiving, truly giving thanks. Spend some time each day, telling God how grateful you are for all the blessings in your life. 

If you are going through a rough time, ask Him to please reveal to you the things He has done for you. 

My back was turned on Him for the first 45 years of my life. I thought He did not exist, until one day, He revealed to me how time and time and time again, when I should have been severely injured or even killed, something. . . something always occurred to prevent disaster. 

When seen all strung together, those 12 or 15 events, like beautiful pearls on a string, were revealed to me to be His Hand protecting me, even when my back was turned to Him. . . Flipping a quarter, and having it come up heads 12 times in a row is not luck, but the Hand of God. . . My unbelief was gone. 

Since that day, over twenty years ago now, my heart has been filled with gratitude for what He has done for me, and shame that my eyes were closed for so long. I’m so sorry, that I once was completely blind to Him. . . BUT!!!! Now I see. 

I worship Him and give thanks every day. . . Give Him thanks. . . and offer Him a gift, this Christ-mas season. . . Choose a way to draw closer to Him in the coming year. . . Give up something that stands between you and He. Take a small step toward Him. . . 

Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. 
(James 4:8 NLT) 

I love You my God. . . 
I give You thanks my Lord for everything You have done for me. . .

<3

Dave 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007

How to Find a Great Church. . .