Two Views of Heaven. . .

The stereotypical image of heaven. . . multitudes of beautiful people robed in white, eternally strumming little lyres, must be of the devil.  As an atheist I thought and as a Christian I still think, “If that is heaven, I want no part of it.”  Such a life to me would quickly. . . in a matter of hours or days, turn into a hell of boredom.

But the Bible tells us:

1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.




In my imagination, as an eternal resident of heaven, the entire universe becomes my playground. . .Surrounded by beloved brothers and sisters in Christ. . . hopefully surrounded by family members, a thought takes me to majestic panoramas such as this picture. . . .endlessly able to explore strange moons of exotic planets. . . or simpler sequences as I will, of golden afternoons in a quiet forest glade. . . walking cool dim paths along misty wilderness waterfalls. . .intimately observing a fawn’s first breath. . .watching a blue whale being born. . .walking and talking with the Lord in the cool of the day. . .

Heaven will be beyond anything I can imagine. . .all my troubles and tears will pass away. . .

Let us persevere upon our journey. . .
Let us never weary of this path we travel. . .
Let us keep our eyes upon eternity. . .
    and our thoughts upon the mansion our Lord prepares for us. . .

I love you my God. . .
I so look forward to the day when we can truly be reunited. . .

Credit for the image:
NASA, ESA, and the Hubble Heritage Team (STScI/AURA)
http://heritage.stsci.edu/2011/11/index.html








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007