The Day We Met. . .



About 9:30 p.m. January 19th, 1990, 22 years ago today, Jackie and I met at a singles dance at the South Bend Elks club. Neither of us had been there before that evening. I asked Jackie to dance. We talked as we danced. It turned out that we had attended the same grade school and had even been in the same grade school class some 25 years or so before.

After the dance, we went for a walk at the East Race on a cold and snowy evening similar to today. After our walk, we went to Denny’s for hot chocolates before I dropped Jackie off at her house sometime well after midnight.

Unknown to me until a long time later, Jackie called her mom that night and began planning our wedding. . .

I had always had the thought that I would die when I was 35. I don’t know why, but that had been in my mind for many years before 1990. . . in the physical I obviously did not expire that year. . . but that snowy January evening, meeting and later marrying a woman with a strongly held Christian faith, numbered my days as an atheist. . . . That evening began the process, which culminated in the dying of my old self. . . and being reborn as a new creature in Christ. . .

I can see the hand of God all through my life. . . but never more so than in that evening 22 years ago today. . .

I thank you my Lord for praying wives. . .

I love you my God. . .
I love you my Wife. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007