An Answered Prayer. . .

Yesterday between Sunday School and our Worship Service, Terry Wallin and I drove to pick up Blessing Bob, whom you remember Terry and I met  on Marion Street, doing street ministry last summer.  On the way to Bob's, thinking of our wonderful street ministry of last year, out of the blue I spoke a word of faith with confidence, "We will see Mellissa again and she will one day be back in our lives. . ." and then I said a prayer out loud for her.  Melissa, Terry and I were the three musketeers. . . we just had a grand time ministering on the streets of Elkhart, but unfortunately Melissa has been missing for quite some time now.  She is not presently involved in our ministry and neither is she worshiping with us. . .

In the middle of the afternoon today, a little more than 24 hours from my prayers yesterday, I received a text message on my phone, "Hi Brother Dave.  How are you?"  It was from an unknown phone number, but my heart gladdened within me, "Melissa???", I replied. . . "Yep", came back the answer.  It has been months since I have spoken with her.  I told her of my words of faith yesterday and my prayers for her.  We ended up texting for the next three hours. . .

Thank you my God. . .
Thank you my Lord. . .

Tomorrow Terry Wallin and I resume doing our Street Ministry on Middlebury Street, followed by Marion/Harrison Streets on Thursday. . .I've got all the little door hangers assembled. . .One day Melissa will again be with us praying on the streets of Elkhart. . .It was such a grand time we had together last year. . .

Please pray for the ministry we begin anew tomorrow. . .
Please pray for Melissa Wolfinger. . . 

Dave Stokely

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007