Jehovah-Rohi

The Lord my Shepherd

Psalm 23 (H7462 )

Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.


The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.


My Shepherd. . .

He provides for me. . .
He sets aside lush abundant places and times of rest for me. . .
He finds places of peace and stillness where my thirst can be quenched. . .
He heals me from the wounds and battles of life. . .
He has adopted me as His own and has given me a Way of safety. . .

Yes, there are times of trouble in my life, but even when I am in very low places, I can tell that He is there. I may not see Him, but I see the things that He uses to guide and protect me. Those things build my faith and give me confidence.

There are those who hate me and wish me ill. Even while surrounded by them, He tends to my needs. He gives me nourishment. He puts soothing and healing oil upon me. I have no unquenched thirst. I am filled. I cannot consume all that He gives me.

As long as I have known Him, I have known these blessings. He has promised to never leave me. As long as I may live in this body, I can depend upon his providing and protection and it will not end there. . . I will be with Him, living in His home forever. . .

I love you my God. . .my Shepherd. . .

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007