Be Ye Not Deceived. . .

I know what the Bible says about. . . (fill in the blank with your own statement). . .but this is how I believe. . .

Does that fit you? That is fine. That is your right to hold any belief you desire, but do not be deceived, if that is your belief, you are not a Christian.

Jesus was nothing, if He was not a supporter of the Word of God. Jesus quoted the old testament dozens of times.

Examples from the book of Matthew alone:

4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

21:16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

26:31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

Hundreds of prophecies of the Old Testament were fulfilled by Jesus.

The Apostle John writes:

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

. . . the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us. . .

And gain in the Book of Revelation:

Revelation 19:11-13 KJV (11) And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. (12) His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. (13) And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

. . . and His name is called the Word of God. . .

Five times Jesus emphasized this:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Jesus warned us that many would be fooled:

Matthew 7:21-29 KJV Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? (23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: (25) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. (26) And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: (27) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. (28) And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: (29) For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Jesus is speaking of men and women who thought they were living for God, but they did not follow the word of God. They felt that as long as they believed that Jesus was their Savior, that they were saved. . . To them It didn’t matter that they continued to lead sinful lives. . . they felt protected by their mere belief in Jesus. . . and they were horribly shocked. . . verse 23 repeated: (23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Depart from me, ye that work iniquity. . . Get out of my sight, you that continued in your own ways rather than follow My ways. . .

Matthew 7:13-14 KJV Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Few there be that find it. . .
Few there be that find it. . .
Few there be that find it. . .

Yes God is love. . .
No it is not God’s desire that any should perish. . .

But Jesus said that there are few that will find the way which leadeth to life. To reverse that statement there will be many. . . the great majority who will be judged in their sins, to their great disappointment.

Please do not be deceived. . .

To be a Christian is to strive to be Christ like. . .
To be a Christian is to follow the Word of God. . .
To be a Christian is not to continue in your sins,
but to be reborn. . . to be transformed into a new creature.

I love you my God. . .
I love you my Lord. . .
Thank you for saving me Lord. . .
Thank you for Your sacrifice my Lord. . .

Dave
Good Friday 2014





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007