Life in the Light. . .

As long as we use the behavior of other people as the yardstick, with which to judge our own conduct there will be no motivation for us to change. No matter the bad things I was doing. . . no matter the lies I told. . . no matter the promises I broke. . . no matter the immoral acts I committed, I could always find someone, who in my mind was doing worse things things than I. . .I would remember good things I had done and be satisfied that they somehow cancelled out the bad. . .


There were always reasons for my short comings. . . there was always rationalization and justification for my acts. . . which though I knew deep in my heart to be wrong, but still I could justify them. . . until that day when I met the Lord Jesus, and He revealed himself to me. . . Then He became my yardstick. If you’ve never seen anything white, you can fool yourself into thinking any shade of gray is almost white. . . When I found Jesus, I saw purity and unblemished holiness. . . I saw for the first time in my life, something purely white and then. . . and only then, when I took my eyes off of the actions of other people and looked upon Jesus, was the true blackness of my soul revealed for what it was. . . .only then did I realized the true corruptness of my soul. . . only then did I realized that I had to change. . .The conviction was so strong upon me. . . the shame for my past foolishness was so strong. . .but. . . but!. . . BUT!!!!! His love and forgiveness and grace was even stronger. . .


He has given me the power to change those things in me which I could never have changed on my own. . . He has given me a new nature. . . He has given me a new heart and soul. . .I have been reborn. . . a new creature in Christ. Yes, the same flesh hangs upon my bones. . . Yes, I am still capable of sin, but sin is no longer my nature. . . sin is the exception rather than the rule of my life. If I stumble. . . I brush myself off. . . I ask God to forgive me, and go right back to living for God.


There is no way for me to put into words that will fully explain to you, the peace. . . the joy. . . the power of having a close relationship with God. You are so close to having that for your own life. It’s not like you have to slay a dragon or perform some heroic and difficult task in order to justify yourself. . . Jesus has already done that on the cross. . . He did that which no man could do. . . He paid the price which no man could pay. . .


I am praying for you. . . I was so foolish for so long. I well know the blinding message of the world to the power of God. We are scorned and ridiculed as simple minded fools. . . But. . . I once was blind and now I see. . . I once was in the darkness and now I can truly see the light. . . and life in the light is so completely superior to living in darkness. . . I pray for you to open your heart. . . Let Him in and find a life of love and light. . . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007