Prayer Walk 4-1-8

We are praying and walking up and down the streets of our city. I am posting these reports of what happens on our evenings of street ministry. I bought a Radio Flyer Wagon to pull along behind us. That is kind of our trademark for people to recognize us by.


Terry Wallin and I handed out fliers in the neighborhood last night. There was a very bitterly cold strong wind for the first good while that we walked. Eventually it diminished, but as you might expect we talked to fewer people than the week before. We actually spoke to maybe 10-20 people. Several very gratifying occurrences, a few houses ahead of us I saw one lady carrying several grocery bags into her entryway. She waited for us to get to her door. When we got to her apartment, she greeted us and held her hand out, knowing who we were and what we were doing. . . :). . . she wanted a flier and a card. We ran into a couple of friends from Terry's past life. On separate ends of Middlebury Street we met and talked with these twin brothers who had been kind to Terry when he was in a time of need in his life. Terry has since ministered to each of them, while they were incarcerated at the jail. We were able to talk for a few minutes with each one. Gave out many Bible verse cards to little clouds of kids in the apartments.

Terry and I are really becoming very close through all this ministry that we do together. Night before last, when Jackie and I came home from Goshen, attached to our front door was a little scroll of papers wrapped in the little leather straps and beads that I wrapped the Bible CDs that I gave him in. Hand written on the number of pages of the scroll was over 200 names of God and their Bible verse references. Terry does not have a computer. Terry gets none of my emails, but he thought I would like the names of God and the verse references. . . It touched me greatly. We walk. We pray. We talk about God for a couple of hours each Tuesday night. . . .it is a wonderful time.

Jackie and I went to see Carey's grandmother (Patricia Craigo rm. 4105 EGH) last night. She has undergone a dramatic personality change. The nurse nurse told us this when we went to her room Her family reported that she wasn't acting at all like herself and she was very bitter acting towards me. I prayed with her at her home last Tuesday night and she was very friendly and appreciative of my stopping by. She is in an isolation room. She surely needs our prayers.


Dave Stokely

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007