Neighborhood Prayer Walk - 6-3-8 - Middlebury Street

We are praying and walking up and down the streets of our city. I am posting these reports of what happens on our evenings of street ministry. I bought a Radio Flyer Wagon to pull along behind us as we walk. That is kind of our trademark for people to recognize us by.


It was just Melissa Wolfinger and I last night praying and handing out fliers. I don't know what happened to Terry Wallin. I called him, but could not get in touch with him. It was very unusual for him not not be there. It was an abbreviated night. As I've said before our purpose is to minister to people, not to hand out a specific number of fliers. We did the south side of Middlebury Street and back to the subsidized apartment complex at Prairie and Middlebury. We covered most of that complex. I was praying and speaking with a gentleman in the parking lot when Melissa came, "Brother Dave a lady over here needs prayer." There was a young woman, a couple of small children and a friend (or maybe a relative of her husband I'm not sure) standing at one of the entrances to the apartments. This young woman wanted us to pray for her husband. She is new to belief in Jesus. She and her daughter get on their knees by the daughters bed every night at 9:00 and pray for their family. They've been doing this each night for several weeks. Her husband is in jail. He has been there since April. He is a trustee and is being ministered to in the jail, doing Bible studies, attending church services, etc. We anointed the lady and made a little circle, some bystanders joined in, there were maybe six of us in the little prayer circle, the lady and her two children inside and several looking on who did not join in. The man I had been talking to and praying with in the parking lot followed us over and was watching. As we prayed with her for God's protection and for His peace. . . healing/deliverance for her husband, tears just started streaming down her cheeks. She ended up just weeping in Melissa's arms in great despair. . . Her husband had court this morning. It was supposed to be in Goshen at the courthouse, but either through a mixup in communications or a change in plans the hearing was held at the jail and she missed it. She was under great stress, not knowing what happened and with no way to communicate with her husband.

It was a little after 7:00. We hadn't done Aspenwald or the Gladstone area yet, but I offered for us to run her out to the jail and have a visit with her husband. Melissa and I left and walked straight back to Life Tabernacle down Middlebury street. We had people coming out of their houses asking for cards and prayer and wanting to talk. . . .we finally made our way back to the apartments about 7:30 or a little later and took the lady to the jail.

She wanted me with her during her video visit so her husband would know who I was when I came to see him tonight. As it turns out he knows me. I'm not sure I remember him, but he knows who I am. The lady found out that there was a postponement of her husband's hearing so nothing had happened in court. She was very relieved. It was a very different night.

Please keep Melissa in your prayers. She is in a very difficult situation.

Dave Stokely

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007