I call Him Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. . .

Earlier this week a friend invited me to join a Christian community on Orkut. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Orkut, you can join or create communities there and discuss pretty much any topic under the sun with people from all over the world. I was active there for a while about a year ago, before tiring of the constant baiting and bickering and downright nastiness that came to dominate almost every discussion on Christianity. It just became tiresome to me. It wasn't like talking to people who had sincere questions and an open heart, but rather it was more of an arena for the continued scourging of Christ and Christians. . .

But I thought out of courtesy to my friend in India, that I would look at this Christian community. It looked interesting and I joined it. One of the first threads that I read had been posted by a Muslim man, again another baiting opportunity for him I suppose. In his opening post, he challenged anyone to show him an Old Testament prophecy that could be proven to be fulfilled by Jesus. This man said that if he could be shown one prophecy about Jesus that was fulfilled he would then become a Christian.

This thread had gone on unanswered for some weeks, with him making comments that reminded me (whether it was intentional on his part or not I do not know) as being similar to what Elijah said to the prophets of Baal while waiting for Baal to consume their sacrifice with fire. He taunted and said things like, "I'm getting sleepy. Where are all the Christians at?. . . I'm getting bored. . ."

The difficulty in saying that Jesus fulfilled the various predictions of him, virgin birth, born in Bethlehem, put to death on a tree, etc. is that you are using the Bible to prove what the Bible says. Even the Scriptures, in the Mosaic Law states that everything must be proven by two or three witnesses. And while you and I might consider the four gospel writers as independent authorities or witnesses, to a person who thinks of the Bible as being fabricated, all the writers of the Bible are lumped into the same category of non credible references.

So what is the way around this Muslim man's challenge? I pondered on this for several days before I was reminded of this verse:

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.


There is very good evidence of the antiquity of the book of Isaiah. One of the most important finds of what are called the Dead Sea scrolls, were two complete copies of the book of Isaiah. Through various means scholars are in agreement that these copies of the book of Isaiah were made hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus. The book of Isaiah is thought to have been first written about 700 years before the birth of Christ, so obviously any statements that Isaiah made which are come true in Christ are indeed fulfilled prophecies. . .

I say to anyone who will listen. .I worship you my Lord. I love you my God. . .

I say again:

Jesus your name is Wonderful,
Jesus your name is Counselor
Jesus your name is The Mighty God
Jesus your name is The Everlasting Father
Jesus your name is The Prince of Peace. . .

My saying of those words this June day in the year of our Lord 2008, was predicted some 2,700 years ago by the prophet Isaiah. . .now for the requirement that everything be proved by two or three witnesses, we only need one or two more of you to repeat those same statements. . .Will you join me in this proclamation that fulfills prophecy?

I think there is going to be one unbeliever who is going to be baptized soon. . .

Dave

Comments

Hello! I found your website. My name is Anders Branderud and I am from Sweden.
I would just like to write some words.

Who then was the historical J*esus?

Do you know that the prophecy you quoted were fulfilled by Ribi Yehoshua who lived 2000 years ago?
Check out our website: www.netzarim.co.il; History museum (left menu);Mashiakh (top menu); click on the image with the scroll with a flame; scroll down. It wasn’t fulfilled by Christ.

I am a follower of Ribi Yehoshua – Mashiakh – who practiced Torah including Halakhah with all his heart.
He was born in Betlehem 7 B.C.E . His faher name was Yoseiph and mother’s name was Mir′ yâm. He had twelve followers. He tought in the Jewish batei-haknesset (synagogues). Thousands of Jews were interested in His Torah-teachings. Some Jews who didn’t practice Judaism where threatened. They decided to crucify him. So they did - together with the Romans. His followers were called Netzarim (meaning offshoots [of a olive tree]) and they continued to pray with the other Jews in the synagogues.

Christianity does not teach the teachings of Ribi Yehoshua. Ribi Yehoshuas teachings were pro-Torah; Christianity is anti-Torah.

If you want to learn more click at our website www.netzarim.co.il -- than click at the lick "Christians"

Hasheim – the Creator of the universe – loves you. If you want to have a relation with Him you need to follow His Torah non-selectively.

Be blessed when you practice Hasheims Torah and His mitzwot!

Anders Branderud
Follower of Ribi Yehoshua in Orthodox Judaism
Kathie said…
Greetings from Costa Rica,
I discovered your site this morning while surfing around Verve. Just wanted to welcome you to the Family of Christ. We, my husband and I and our 5 children (all grown and gone now) have been missionaries in Central America since Dec. 1985. Just wanted you to know that I was blessed by you and your post today. May God greatly use you and keep you strong in Him.
Blessings,
Kathie N.
Anonymous said…
brinkka2011 says: Great blog you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? Id really love to be a part of group where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Appreciate it!

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007