Jehovah-Eli

Lord my God

Psalms 18:2
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. (KJV)

2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (NIV)

Exodus 34:4-10
And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone. 5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. 6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, 7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. 8 And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped. 9 And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance. 10 And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the LORD: for it is a terrible thing that I will do with thee.

I am struggling with writing about Jehovah-Eli. I have been thinking and meditating on this for days. It is too big for me. The scope is too vast. My mind cannot contain it all. God is who, God is what He is. It describes Him. Lord is His relationship to me. God-ship is what he is. He owns that. Lordship I give Him. It may be the only thing I can give him.

(Psalms 95:6)

O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.

Let us show Him. Let us show others. Let us admit what He means to us. Let us lose ourselves in our worship of Him.

Isaiah 45:22-23

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. (23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

It is His due. It is His right as Lord. It is His right as our creator, as Owner of everything that we should admit, we should recognize His supremacy in everything. It will happen. All will admit of it in the end, but it will be too late if you wait until you are standing before Him, naked in His grandeur, naked in your shame. It will no longer be an act of hope and faith. At that time it will be a confession of your previous blindness, stubbornness, pridefulness and sin. It will not be a jewel in your crown, if you wait until then, it will be damning evidence against you. You resisted all His mighty attempts to convince you. . .

Let us grant Him Lordship in our lives. Let us sacrifice our pride on His altar. Let us admit, we are nothing. . . He is everything. . .

Dave


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007