Street Ministry 7-1-10




All day long I've been looking forward to street ministry tonight. I've on fire all day, with anticipation of what the Lord was going to do this evening. As I took my first steps tonight, it was like Christmas morning, not knowing what was to be found under the tree, but knowing that it would be something wonderful. . .

I don't think there is any doubt that tonight was the quietest evening I've ever had on the street doing ministry. I prayed with no one. I talked with a few people and prayed for them, but the street was very very quiet. There were very few children in the apartments, and few adults were out also. . . I don't know. . .

The feeling remains strongly with me that something wondrous was accomplished tonight, but I don't have a clue as to what it was. If only I could see with spiritual eyes. I pondered upon this for most of my time walking up and down the street.

With our physical eyes we see by reflected light. Virtually all reflected light, can be traced in one way or another from a sun, if not our own sun. We see the sun's light reflected in the moon. The light burning in the lamps in our homes may come from electricity generated by coal, which is the energy of sunlight stored by plants, or by hydroelectric power generated by water falling over a dam, water which was evaporated by the sun, and subsequently fell as rain and filled the reservoir that powered the dam.

The electricity could have come from wind turbines. Without the sun, there would be no temperature and pressure gradients which create the wind, which powers the turbines. Or again the electricity could have been created in a nuclear power plant, but the only natural source of elements with atomic weights greater than iron, is in the super nova explosion of massively huge stars which died and by their death seeded the rest of the universe with the heavy elements such a gold, lead, and uranium. So nuclear power too is also dependent upon the light of a sun for its source.

Every shade and hue of color began as the overpowering and tangible brilliance of the sun. No on looks upon the sun intentionally. It is beyond our eyes ability to tolerate, but filtered and reflected and reflected again all things of physical beauty trace their origins back to this source.

Likewise all spiritual light comes from the Son. And to see spiritually we must become attuned to His light. His light is there, if you have eyes to see it. He is the spiritual light of the world. His light comes in differing wavelengths, like physical light. The glare of the physical light, can blind us to His light.

The Son has a spectrum of light by which He shines. The glowing embers of His red light of love, the soft purely white light of His grace, the infrared deeply warming light of His companionship, the sharply powerful burning ultraviolet light of of His holiness and judgement.

For me to see spiritually, I have to be attuned to the reflection of His differing lights upon those around me. The reflection of His light is there. If only my eyes were more finely tuned to it.

Help my blindness Lord. . .
Let me see by Your light. . .
Lead me by Your light. . .
Heal me by Your light. . .
Comfort me by Your light. . .
Console me by Your light. . .

Let me be a pure reflection of Your light. . .

I love you my God. . .
I love you my Lord. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007