So much has changed. . .

I cannot fully explain to you how much my life has changed. If you had asked me years ago, I would have told you that I had a good life. I lived in a nice house, had a wonderful wife, a great job. I thought my life was OK. . . . but there was an emptiness inside of me, a sense of worthlessness. . . an everpresent question. . . Why? What's this all about? What am I here for?

Lots of times it was way in the background of my consciousness, but it never completely disappeared. My life is rich now beyond my imagination before finding God. A hole inside of me has been filled. I weep for you who do not know Him. You are in some ways like a blind man who has never seen a beautiful sunrise. He doesn't really believe it can be as beautiful as seeing people make it out to be. The difference being that there is nothing the truely blind man can do. The sun come up in a glory of pinks and blues and there is nothing he can do to see it. But it is also possible for a man with sight to walk with his eyes tightly clenched and not be able to see.

There can be many reasons for this happening. In my case, I was certain that there was nothing to look at and therefore kept my eyes closed to the beauty and wonder of God all around me. If you have working eyes and do not see the Son it is your own decision, but He is still there. You have eyes, but you choose to keep them closed. You deceive yourselves by saying that the Son doesn't exist, or He's nothing special or a myth. All you have to do is to open the eyes of your heart, take a chance and let Him in.

I knew there was no God. I was so certain. I bet my life upon it. I loved to talk religion with Christians. One day a group came around noon to my porch to tell me about God. When they asked me if they could leave, it was almost dark. I was a fool. . . . . . . . I was so wrong. He is alive. He is real and doing wonderful things every day, not 2000 years ago, but today!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007