1 Peter 3:7
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge,
giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel,
and as being heirs together of the grace of life;
that your prayers be not hindered.

Experiencing vicariously the trials of mothers. . . knowing the heart of my wife, and how she lives and dies with the ups and downs of the lives of her daughters. . . reading the recent heart rending accounts on Facebook of mothers who are my friends and acquaintances. Sarah. . . Erin. . . Liz. . . my daughters . . . reading and knowing a little of their struggles, and sorrows. . . burdens, even with the best, and most compassionate and well intentioned of husbands, the weight of motherhood still carried largely alone. . .

Extrapolated into surely, the same unspoken, unknown tears and trials of my own mother. . . long passed away, beyond my reach to give her a fervent hug and thank you for her lonely task long decades ago. . .

The weaker vessel. . . as a designer, the most stressful applications are never given to the highest strength steel. When the pressure is high, and the function is critical, I must specify for the steel to be double tempered. . . put into the oven twice, to draw back the strength, and make certain that there are no hard spots left within it. . . .The weaker vessel will bend, and take a deep dent, and still function, before it ever cracks and fails. Steel of high hardness, cannot withstand the high stress and strain of alternating loads. . . the weaker vessel, must be of great purity, containing no voids or inclusions of foreign matter. . . always of smoothly rounded edges. . . distributing the stress over as great a surface area as possible. . . greatly able to bend without breaking. . .

I give a deeply emotional salute to every mother in my life. . . You are wondrously made. . .I stand in awe of you. . . I weep. . .no shame. . .no lack implied. . . of necessity the ‘weaker vessel’. . . This softness of temper, is absolutely necessary, and the very definition for the combination of both toughness and strength, the inherent properties required to be a Mother. . .

God I pray. . . please give these Mother's a hug. . . hear their cries. Give them a blessing, that can only come from you. . .

I thank you for my Mother. . . give her a hug for me God. . .

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007