Jehovah-Tsaddik. . . God is Righteous




Psalms 18:30
As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

I have been a designer for 29 years. Every day I begin with a blank sheet of paper, and create a new mechanism to perform a task more efficiently, faster, or more accurately for my customer. . .I am quite good at what I do, but in those roughly 56,840 hours which I have spent designing chucks, I have never designed one which could not be improved upon.

There is always something which can be lightened, strengthened, made easier to use or machine or assemble. Every year a new model of car comes out. . . higher fuel economy, less pollution, more features, longer lasting. . . easier to maintain. . .safer. . . This process never ends, and never will end. We will never come to the end of the process of improving everything around us.

I feel confident in saying that there is nothing in existence, which could not be made better. . . with one lone exception.

. . . as for God. . . His way is perfect. . .
. . . as for God. . . His way is perfect. . .
. . . as for God. . . His way is perfect. . .

At the end of the day, no one can point a finger at God, and say that He did anything which was less than just, and righteous, and perfect.

Pharaoh was the first recorded in the Bible to call God righteous. . . to name God: Jehovah-Tsaddik. . . Jehovah the Righteous one:

Exodus 9:27
And Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron, and said unto them, I have sinned this time: the LORD is righteous, and I and my people are wicked.

In the midst of the plagues, which God was raining down upon Egypt, you could understand anger, and bitterness, but in the midst of this judgment of God, Pharaoh was convicted and admitted his own failings, and the failings of the Egyptian people. . . admitted that he was wrong. . . humbled himself, and admitting the perfection of God.

In my unbelief I cursed God. . . but when my eyes were opened, and I stood before Him. . . I was greatly humbled by His perfection and His righteousness, I saw my own wickedness and sin revealed by the utter contrast with His perfection. I had looked upon myself as good and righteous, until I saw the righteousness of God. And then I understood as Isaiah wrote:

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.



I rejoice today. I have found His righteousness. . . I have found His perfection. Again as Isaiah writes:

Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

I now wear the robe of His righteousness. . . YES!!! With the garment of salvation which cost Him so very dearly. . .His sacrifice clothes me. . . covers me from the shame of my sin. I now have His Spirit living within me. . . guiding me. . . convicting me of all pride and pretense and self-righteousness. . . I owe everything to Him. . . to His perfection. Without Him I am nothing.

Jehovah-Tsaddik. . . the Lord is Righteous. . .
Jehovah-Tsaddik. . . the Lord is Righteous. . .
Jehovah-Tsaddik. . . the Lord is Righteous. . .

I love you my God. . .
I thank you for my life
. . . for my salvation. . .
. . . for my second chance.

Dave






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007