The Stars Don't Need God. . .



The burning stars rotate perfectly and obediently in their proscribed orbits through the cold harsh vacuum of space. . . . totally subject to and submissive to the God ordained. . . God created laws of physics. Their severe obedience unwavering in the slightest. Any variance of motion from the path prescribed for them is inconceivable.

Thus entire galaxies, great clusters of galaxies. . . indeed the entire observed universe submits, obeys without questioning the laws laid before it. Wheeling silently through the boundless sky. . .In every direction of the celestial globe, order and adherence to the rule of law. . . as a perfectly beautiful and wondrously complex mechanism. . . perfect on what ever scale it may be viewed. Interlocking facets of cause, effect, and consequence. . . death. . . rebirth. . . wheels within wheels. Turning and moving ever onward through countless eons of time, in silent harmony, and unity . .

The entire universe that is, except for Man. Man alone has the energy. . . the self will to bend his orbit. Man alone is able to step outside of the path that God has laid before him, and it is within this disruption. . . this disobedience, this abandoning of submission to law that our need for God arises.

The stars have no need of God. Set in their path, they continue to their destiny, but mankind very shortly after creation rejected the perfect law abiding path set before him, and has continually entered into new ever darker and more eccentric orbits. . . placing himself on collision paths. . . paths in disharmony with the rest of creation. . .orbits leading to quick fiery deaths, or slow declines into the least levels of existence.

I need God. I cannot find the correct way on my own. I have tried and miserably failed. Again and again, without God I set my life’s path. . . my orbit around things which were destructive to me. . . both in a physical, and in a spiritual sense.

God gains absolutely nothing from my faith. He benefits nothing from my belief or even from my submission, but by submitting to Him, I gain everything of worth and value. In bending my knee to Him, I shed only my prideful nature which would lead me to my certain destruction. I gain peace. I gain happiness. I gain everlasting life. I gain a deep calmness. . . a deep certainty, purpose, and security, which was completely unknown to me in the 45 years of my life prior to finding God.

People are hurting. People are lonely. . . . in bondage. Seeking a way out of the darkness. . .It’s not stories for little children. There are immensely powerful answers to life’s problems, to be found at the feet of Jesus, and no where else. . .

Take a chance on God. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I love you my God. . .
I thank you my Lord. . .

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007