The Treasures of God's Word. . .The Heart of a Child

I so love uncovering treasures in the Word of God.  Sometimes I pause, and wonder when I find something particularly beautiful to my soul, will I ever find another treasure to compare to this?  Will I ever again feel the sharp joy of uncovering a previously unseen (to me) jewel?. . . and a new day breaks, and another wonder from the Word of God is revealed.  

With a child’s love of surprises, I hope and pray the wonders never end. . .

At the bright seashore, exploring new worlds, gulls dance and lift on waves of wind, screaming shrill warning of the invasion of their kingdom. Now racing to turn over each clump of seaweed. . . blind to time and troubles, captivated by the call of discovery. . . small feet in golden delight, dancing a sine dance, alone on the wave line, tracing new paths. . . leaving first prints in the virgin sand, slowly advancing as the tide recedes, pockets bulge filled with precious beauties of the deep.

Truth be known. . .the treasure never expires, each cresting wave the beach renews.  Childhood eventide is the dusk of wonder. Sand dollars and hermit crabs yet ever reside each morning's tide. . .awaiting bright eyes of seekers with the heart of a child. . .

Luke 18:17
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007