The Unrepentant Mind. . .

The unrepentant mind. . .
  Remembers wrongs. . .
  Justifies its actions. . .
  Blames others for its faults. . .
  Magnifies its virtues. . .
  Minifies its flaws. . .
  Is prideful. . .
  Abhors submission. . .
  

The repentant mind. . .
  Forgives. . .
  Continually questions its motivations and actions. . .
  Accepts responsibility. . .
  Gives God the credit for successes. . .
  Is aware of its shortcomings. . .
  Strives for humility. . .
  Is meek. . .


The dark chasm between who I was, and who I am. . . or maybe rather better said. . . who I was and who I strive to be.  After 12 years, I am still changing. . . still growing. . . still learning.

Much of what is happening in the world today makes no sense, and greatly mystifies me, until I remember how I used to act and think. . . until I remember what motivated me. . . what drove me . . and it becomes clear. . . the unrepentant mind. . .

I can see the tattered remains of my old thought processes, still hanging there, still within me. . .BUT!!! a new Spirit resides there now. . . I am a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. . .

I thank you my God for the work you have done within me. . .
I thank you my God for the work you have yet to accomplish with me. . .

I love you my God. . .
I love you my Lord. . .

  
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007