Spending Wildly. . .

What would you do if you had an endless amount of money? I am not talking about the pitiful little pile ($40,000,000,000) that Bill Gates was reported by Forbes Magazine to have accrued as the richest man in the world in 2009. I am asking you to consider, "what if your checking account balance was endless?" Put as many zeroes as you like in the amount. . .There would be none less money in your account. What limits would there be to your giving? Cancer or AIDs research???. . . 1 trillion dollars each. Money to rebuild Haiti??? Drop a trillion there also. What possible difference would it make? Why would you even consider holding back? Does the church need a new building?. . . a mere billion would probably build a very nice one. Actually we would undoubtedly end up doing more harm than good with our wealth. We could not be trusted not to be corrupted by the manna of man.

God surely knows best. . .He did bless us with a resource that will never end:

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The word here translated 'abundantly', is from the Greek. Here is the Strong's definition:

G4053
περισσός
perissos
per-is-sos'
From G4012 (in the sense of beyond); superabundant (in quantity) or superior (in quality); by implication excessive; adverb (with G1537) violently; neuter (as noun) preeminence: - exceeding abundantly above, more abundantly, advantage, exceedingly, very highly, beyond measure, more, superfluous, vehement [-ly].

Jesus came that we would have life: superabundantly. . .superior. . . excessively. . .exceedingly abundantly above, more abundantly, very highly, beyond measure. . . life beyond measure. . . life never ending. . . life everlasting. . .life filled with power and joy and peace. . .life given to us by His sacrifice. . .blessed life in His presence beginning today!!!

We do not wait until we die before beginning our everlasting life. Today is the beginning of forever. Days without any end. Unimaginable. . .Inconceivable time ahead of us to worship God. . .Eternity begins when you are reborn. Reborn not in the image of Adam who gave gave himself up to death by the consequence of sin. We are now new creatures, reborn in the image of God never to die, therefore we can spend ourselves without a concern of ever running out. . .Spend your life excessively, exuberantly for the kingdom of God, without thought of shortage and the saving something back for a rainy day. . .

Romans 6:22-23
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Galatians 6:8
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

John 6:47-51
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

I love you my God. . .let me not be a miser with the abundance that you have provided me. This life is now Yours. . .Let me spend myself freely in the same Spirit of unequaled generosity and love and sacrifice that you showed to us. . .

I love you my God. . .
I love you my Lord. . .

Thank you my Lord. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Your Mother Dies. . .

Mother's Day 2007